Magento is one of the most popular open-source platforms for E-commerce.
Magento is one of the most innovative solutions for e-commerce website development, being the most comprehensive online platform equipped with numerous tools, themes, and plugins.
Open-source developed, Magento allows customers to control both the interface and the functionality of the website, offering entity management tools (customers, products, orders, etc.) as well as marketing tools, SEO, and thousands of themes and extensions.
Coming under the Adobe umbrella in 2018, Magento, also known as Adobe Commerce, is a platform that is estimated to process up to 500,000 products on a single website and up to 100,000 orders per hour, which can only strengthen its position on the podium of e-commerce platforms.
Regarding the options offered to customers, Magento comes in two versions:
- Magento Open Source (formerly known as Magento Community Edition) is the free version that can be downloaded, customized, and hosted on your servers.
- Magento Commerce (formerly known as Magento Enterprise Edition) has a paid version that costs different amounts depending on the plan.
Regardless of the plan, managing an online store using Magento also involves infrastructure and resource management activities, and it is recommended to upgrade regularly to the latest version to benefit from the latest improvements in terms of performance, security, and more. For this reason, it is highly recommended to hire experienced software developers with knowledge of the Magento platform.
Magento has visibly made its mark in the area of e-commerce platforms.
Magento offers top-notch functionality and mobile-friendly interfaces including mobile devices, making for a great end-user experience. Functionalities such as cross-sell and upsell along with many other business options offered by various extensions, generate revenue growth in a consistent way, generating more organic traffic to the site.
As the world of e-commerce progresses at a rapid pace, customer behavior, needs and interests, as well as buying trends are changing in an amazing way. Therefore, Magento is adapting to the needs of customers and coming up with a number of exciting trends for 2022.
Magento 2 comes with 8 interesting trends for 2022
- Voice search is the functionality that has taken the e-commerce area to another level. If in 2018 the percentage of customers who shopped online following voice search was 3%, the percentage is expected to reach 22% in 2022. The number of searches in Magento 2 with voice search extensions is growing exponentially, giving users and end-user language selection.
- Virtual/augmented reality in Magento 2 allows the customer to visualize the product and how it will look in certain environments and surroundings. For example, if you want to buy a photo frame, you can simulate how your picture would look framed in different photo frames and how it would fit on different pieces of furniture. Such examples have become increasingly used with the pandemic when many companies have chosen the path of digital transformation.
- Artificial intelligence has significantly changed the perspective of digital marketing. Brands like Amazon and Spotify are using user behaviors to determine user needs and deliver the quality services they want. According to a report by Tech Jury (link here), AI technology can increase a business's productivity by up to 40%. Magento Commerce already has the Artificial Intelligence part integrated through the Product Recommendations extension that boosts the customer engagement area, increasing conversions and revenue for online stores.
- Live streaming - One of the main drivers of digitization in today's world is live streaming, and the eCommerce area is taking full advantage of its benefits. When purchasing products online, customers prefer to examine them mostly through photos and presentation videos, which has increased the desire to have experiences in the physical store and online.
- Progressive Web App (PWA) - By integrating PWA technology, the interface of the website will be similar to apps when viewed on Android or iOS phones. This concept significantly enhances the user experience on the website and has already been implemented by global giants such as Twitter, Gmail, and Starbucks.
- Push Notification is nothing more than a short message framed and sent to customers or subscribers via personalized emails, SMS, or social media channels. In the case of Magento 2, this concept is used to examine customer buying patterns and send notifications based on their needs.
- It increases the B2B marketplace, significantly reducing costs and facilitating the entire transaction process. Today's generation is increasingly connected to digital apps for online shopping, which is one of the significant trends that merchants using Magento are taking advantage of.
- Chatbots help retain customers - E-commerce chatbots have captured the attention of customers who want to have a bot at their disposal to actively and timely answer all their questions. Waiting for an email response is increasingly being replaced by chatbots, as they stimulate loyalty and product purchases. Magento has become a major player and offers many solutions in this direction, including integration between chatbots and artificial intelligence. a
If you are an experienced developer working in e-commerce, or looking to migrate to Magento, our recommendation is to consider these eight trends when developing your online shops.